Thursday, November 26, 2020

Week 12

 There are many amazing tools out there for businesses but it is important to keep in mind the ones that will be best for the particular business you have. I do not think every business needs to have all social media outlets because it can then get a bit confusing and overwhelming.

For my photography business, I think LinkedIn is a great outlet to connect with people in my area as well as look out for collaborations and those wanting to assist in photo shoots. I would love to be able to connect with locals who I could use as models for a shoot as well as find people who may want to work on a project together and they may have equipment that I do not own but would be a great contribution for a shoot. LinkedIn is also a great way to get a photography job and have people see my work and reach out to me. I could potentially get paid a lot of money for a job just by networking and connecting with the right people in my area.

When it comes to growing my business and receiving the right feedback, I feel that a website like Yelp could be useful for me. I feel that this is something I could incorporate after I have had more interaction with people or have done actual shoots for people. This is not the first social media outlet I would use but would gradually incorporate it over time. I would want people to be able to refer me to others or have new clients find me on there and read my reviews to see if I would be a good match for them.

Lastly, I feel another great source for me would be to join a Meetup group. These groups are specifically designed to meet with people who share the same interests as you and you can find other people in that industry to connect with. I feel that Meetup would have a ton of photographers in the area that I could learn from as well as collaborate with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 16

My viewpoint of social media has changed in that I can now see that there may be an opportunity to create a business from it. I have always ...