Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Week 4 Part B

Hi Everyone!

Ever since I became interested in photography I have wanted to create a social media page to post my travels. My dad loves to travel, and I have been lucky enough to be able to travel the world with my family. My husband is from Australia, so I had the opportunity to live there for two years. It was then that I really fell in love with nature and everything surrounding me. I always took my camera places that I knew were going to have beautiful beaches, National parks, or wild animals. 

My nickname is Coco, and my closest friends have been calling me that for years. For this class, I decided to create a new page called cocos__travels. I wish it didn't have the space in between but it is pretty tricky trying to have the name you want on social media these days. I am going to consider this a class project for now and see where it takes me. I just started this, so only six followers so far! Due to the pandemic, I have not been able to travel like I normally would so I do not have anything current to post so it will have to be posts from my previous travels. My personal account where I share a lot of my photography has 880 followers. As I had said in my last post I have always found it a challenge to get a ton of followers, so this new account could be a fun experiment!

My goal with having a travel photography page would be to ultimately have hotels or companies reach out to me to have them take photographs for them. I specifically would want hotels because I work for one and see the amazing perks when you have a huge following and what they will offer for a few pictures. My target market falls into that, companies who are looking for someone who can photograph landscape well and promote it for them. 

My target market is also people who love photography, and who are interested in travel and would like to know more. I would love to interact with people and introduce them to places they may have not even thought to go to when travelling. My advice being where to hike, what beaches are worth seeing, and the best when it comes to nature and being outdoors. I also love recommending places to stay such as hotels, or places that are fun to camp! I want people to be able to see nature through my eyes and how I interpret it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 16

My viewpoint of social media has changed in that I can now see that there may be an opportunity to create a business from it. I have always ...