Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Week 8 Post 2: Hashtags

I like to use hashtags that are specific to the photo, this includes where the photo is taken down to some of the colors that are in the photo. I typically use the following when posting one of my photos of nature:

#california (or wherever the photo is located) #outdoors #nature #naturephotography #landscape #landscapephotography #views #scenery #scenic #35mm #canonae1 #film #filmphotography (for film) 

When I edit my photos I will incorporate a hashtag such as #lightroom or #vsco and when I do absolutely nothing to the photo I'll add #nofilter

Depending on the photo and where it is will depend on the other hashtags I end up using. I like to share the location and add hashtags that correlate with the specific photo. 

I have found the hashtags I have used through a bit of research and also by searching what the top hashtags are. Some of my friends have also shared with me which ones seem to work best for them.

I always use hashtags that are specific to my business, and I like to be specific so I am gaining the right audience. I never use random ones that do not have anything to do with my photos.

I like to post in the evening because I feel people are off work and looking at their phones more often. Also, I lived in Australia and have followers from there plus I post a lot of photos from Australia so the later in the day over here is better because then people in Australia can see my photos as well.

I learned about a whole new variety of hashtags that correlate to what I am posting. I am looking forward to experimenting with them and seeing how they do with my photos. The new hashtags I want to try seemed to work very well for the photographers using them. There are a limit of hashtags you can use, so I want to try and figure out which ones will gain the most attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 16

My viewpoint of social media has changed in that I can now see that there may be an opportunity to create a business from it. I have always ...